You see, every once in a while I need to take the ball and step on to the mound on short rest. This was one of those weeks thanks to a film’s weird release pattern, and my guest’s busy schedule, “short rest” became recording, editing, and posting all on one day. Thus, a decision was made to post the show a little more raw than usual. With the exception of a few coughs and pauses, what you hear in this episode is the show as it happened.
Not that such a decision begs disclaimer or apology – far from it actually! I just know that I can hear the slightest change in tone with this episode, and if I can hear it…you might too. The guest I wanted for this episode is a busy chap, and if getting a bit of his precious time meant for a whole day dedicated to the show, then so be it. I’m still happy with how it turned out, even if it’s a little less minty-fresh than I’ve come accustomed to.
Here’s what’s in store in episode one-hundred-and-eight…
Up for Discussion
2. KNOW YOUR ENEMY– Q& A with this week’s guest, Sam Fragoso (2:36)
3. COME TALK TO ME – Fielding some listener feedback with casting suggestions for Wes Anderson films. (12:52)
4. THE NEW SLANG – Review and reaction to THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL (23:46)
5. THE OTHER SIDE – Sam couples DAY FOR NIGHT (45:25)
6. THE OTHER SIDE – Ryan couples NINOTCHKA (56:39)
Comments and feedback are welcome, and thank-you very much for listening.