There’s something slightly criminal about how long it took to get today’s guest back on The Matineecast for another kick at the can. Earlier this year, I joked that Mike Mendez would hold the record for the longest stretch between episodes, but with about a fifty episode gap, today’s guest gives that record a run.
People joke with me about who I bring on this show and when, but I shake my head to myself as I wrestle with when to schedule new guests and when to bring guests back.
With all that in mind, I hope you enjoy this episode. It took a little more effort than usual, but I think he results are worth it. We bring back a new feature that was launched just two episodes back, and we unveil the meaning behind that curious stinger that closed out episode sixty-one.
It was a hot night in both Toronto and Boston, so I hope you’ll excuse the slight echo of an air conditioner on Alex’s side of the line. She offered to turn it off, but what kind of sadistic host would that make me?
Here’s what’s in store in episode sixty-two…
67 minutes, 55 seconds
Up for Discussion
2. KNOW YOUR ENEMY– Q& A with this week’s guest Alex Kittle from Film Forager (2:31)
3. LAMMY AWARD THANKS (13:07)
4. THE PODCAST TRILOGY (13:44)
5. COME TALK TO ME – Fielding some listener feedback on favorites of 2012 so far (15:37)
6. THE NEW SLANG – Review and reaction of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (25:29)
7. THE OTHER SIDE pt 1 – Alex couples THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN with DANNY DECKCHAIR (42:45)
8. THE OTHER SIDE pt 2 – Ryan couples THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN with (500) DAYS OF SUMMER (51:20)
More behind the scenes info on this episode can be found on Twitter by searching out #matm62
Comments and feedback are welcome, and thank-you very much for listening.