Up for Discussion
2. KNOW YOUR ENEMY – Q & A with this episode’s guest, Marya E. Gates from Cinema Fanatic. (4:13)
3. Rundown of the nominees for adapted and original screenplay (12:41)
4. Rundown of the nominees for Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor, Actress, and Actor (23:22)
5. Rundown of the nominees for Best Direction and Best Picture (1:03:14)
4. Omissions and trends (1:32:47)
5. Early predictions (1:39:39)
Thoughts from your host…
The thoughts you hear in this episode were recorded less that 48 hours ago as of press time. Back then, America was only beginning to protest at its airports, the Producers’ Guild hadn’t tapped LA LA LAND as its top dog of 2016, SAG hadn’t handed the same honour to HIDDEN FIGURES, and at the same event the surprise wins of Emma Stone and Denzel Washington hadn’t happened either.
So much can change in such a short time…
So for instance, when you hear Marya and I wondering if Casey Affleck’s misbehaviour might have caught up with him, that now seems like more of a possibility. Ditto when you hear us wondering about the possibilities that someone sneak in and steal the thunder from Isabelle Huppert. That too now seems possible.
Say it with me: So much can change in such a short time!
This is a lengthy one folks. I’ll do what I can to lock 171 in an hour or less.
Thanks for tuning into episode one-hundred-seventy.
Comments and feedback are welcome, and thank-you very much for listening.