As you may or may not have noticed, the podcast has primarily been keeping its eye on underexposed indie films through the course of 2014. Of the nine episodes that have posted prior to this, only three of them are what I’d really qualify as “mainstream selections”. So when I circled this animated offering from Dreamworks as a film to be discussed, I thought that it might be the moment the show tapped back into the zeitgeist.
Imagine my surprise to see this film under-perform, making this discussion a look at yet another underexposed selection! Hell, back when I mapped out when episodes would drop, along with what would be discussed, I feared that talking about this title one week after it arrived would be showing up late to the party.
Imagine my surprise!
Well hopefully y’all tune in (and even more hopefully, y’all check out this film), as it was a great evening spent with one of my favorite local podcasters – and a good friend to boot. This is the first time I’ve recorded in someone else’s home here in my home city, and I think it brought a great energy to the show that’s audible in the track. So before we go on, I want to offer my gracious host a word of thanks for opening his home to me.
Here’s what’s in store in episode one-hundred-and-fourteen…
Up for Discussion
2. KNOW YOUR ENEMY– Q& A with this week’s guest, Matthew Brown (5:20)
3. COME TALK TO ME – Fielding some listener feedback on movie worlds listeners want to visit (18:11)
4. THE NEW SLANG – Review and reaction to HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 (28:10)
5. THE OTHER SIDE – Matthew couples DRAGONSLAYER (56:39)
6. THE OTHER SIDE – Ryan couples REIGN OF FIRE (66:55)
Comments and feedback are welcome, and thank-you very much for listening.