Last week, I asked on social media what people thought about The Matineecast coming in with a little longer runtime. There weren’t too many responses, but the ones I got came down in favour of the show clocking in a little bit longer from time to time. It probably doesn’t take a rocket scientist to guess that I was asking in advance of this episode dropping.
I decided to monkey with the structure with the release of NYMPHOMANIAC, giving both volumes the full “New Slang” treatment. The results – along with being lengthy – give Alex and I the chance to really dig in to this down and dirty movie. So we close out about ten minutes longer than usual, but with plenty of chapter breaks for your convenience.
One other programming note – With Hot Docs on the way, full episodes of the podcast will be taking a break for a few weeks. I’m hoping to bring you a few episodes of Life in Technicolor, where I get to talk with documentary filmmakers, but at the moment, nothing is set in stone.
So at the moment, this is the last episode I have planned for a few weeks…but hopefully my mic will be back on before too long. Stay tuned.
Here’s what’s in store in episode one-hundred-and-ten…
Up for Discussion
2. KNOW YOUR ENEMY– Q& A with this week’s guest, Alex Withrow. (3:41)
3. COME TALK TO ME – Fielding some listener feedback on the sexiest films. (12:03)
4. THE NEW SLANG – Review and reaction to NYMPHOMANIAC vol I (21:48)
5. THE NEW SLANG – Review and reaction to NYMPHOMANIAC vol II (45:07)
6. FURTHER ON UP THE ROAD – Suggestions from Alex and Ryan for films that would make good go-to’s after NYMPHOMANIAC. (75:29)
Comments and feedback are welcome, and thank-you very much for listening.