Several times in the afterglow of Matineecast 100, I had people wish me well on the next hundred. While that thought terrifies me more than a little bit, I suppose it’s safe to say that the road to 200 begins today…and what better place to start than with family? Today’s guest is wildly overdue, and will be complimented in two episodes with my guest for episode one-oh-three.
While the early thought was that we’d dedicate this episode to the new Hobbit film, I decided instead to go back a bit and discuss a film closer to my wheelhouse. For starters, it seems as thought Alexander Payne’s newest film is slowly trickling out to more and more markets. For seconds, I’m come to the stark conclusion that the Middle Earth films just aren’t my bag, and it won’t entertain anybody to hear me grumble about them for twenty minutes each.
So we begin “the next hundred” with a family affair that comes from a place of positivity. Let’s see how long that holds up!
Here’s what’s in store in episode one-hundred-and-one…
Up for Discussion
2. KNOW YOUR ENEMY– Q& A with this week’s guest Rachel West (2:39)
3. COME TALK TO ME – Fielding some listener feedback on Christmas wishes. (12:26)
4. THE NEW SLANG – Review and reaction to NEBRASKA (23:57)
5. THE OTHER SIDE – Rachel couples THE SAVAGES (42:15)
6. THE OTHER SIDE – Ryan couples ABOUT SCHMIDT (53:51)
Comments and feedback are welcome, and thank-you very much for listening.